New Hard Drive

Thread: New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive

Well I just got a bigger hard drive and I want to install it and then transfer everything from my old drive to the new one. Can someone tell me the easiest way to do this?

part of the beauty of using virtualdr is the ability to do a search on topics in differant forums or all the forums if you wish. try doing a search on installing new harddrive in ME and you will find dozens of replys, You may even try using windows 98 forum as well.
    Good luck !

------------------
    If God dropped acid, would he see people?
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Most decent HD manufacturers supply diskcopy software in order to copy the contents from your old drive to your new one .
    Check your HDs website for info .
    Paul

------------------
    Things to do with your PC when it's dead .
    Trust me , I know what I'm doing !

If you don't want to have to reinstall your operating system, just use Ghost 2002...very easy to do.

I just got a 20 gig HD off Ebay yesterday, partioned it in "half" and today cloned all files, including Windows ME, from 10 gig to the 20 gig.

Ghost is likely one of the best tools for doing what you are asking about.

adc

[This message has been edited by adc (edited 02-12-2002).]

Thread Information