Keyboard won't work on restart

Thread: Keyboard won't work on restart

Keyboard won't work on restart

I was helping a friend install a zip drive when he mentioned another problem he has. whenever he restarts his computer, either by ctrl alt del or thru the start shut down menu, about 80% of the time when windows comes back on the keyboard won't work. what could be causing this?
    I don't think it's a virus because his computer has never been online. could it be that windows is messed up? he's had to turn the power off on the computer quite a bit.
    the computer has an amd processor, not sure of the speed at the moment (the computer is at his business), it has 48mb ram. it's a hp, a few years old.
    has anyone seen this before?

My girlfriend's father's computer is having the same problem. I looked into it a little bit and came up with this, either he just needs a new keyboard, or something could be wrong with his motherboard. I would wait for someone with a little more knowledge on the subject to reply, as I was also going to post this problem also.

Contact me on
    AIM: FLYGUY4297
    MSN: thelordthanos@hotmail.com
    Or email me at this address. Regarding my avatar, please visit HomestarRunner.com

Hi Grand,
    My advise would be: buy another keyboard, I changed 2 of those, and they are cheap.
    I think this will fix the problem, if doesn't at least you don need to be uncertain about it.
    Good luck

nsanc

thanks for the help. I brought in a keyboard and switched it out and it's working so far. he's going to get a new one. sometimes the easiest solutions are the hardest to see. thanks again for being my eyes

Thread Information