windows 10 persistent mouse and system freezes

Thread: windows 10 persistent mouse and system freezes

windows 10 persistent mouse and system freezes

Hi my question is whether it's time to bring the desktop computer to the shop where they will likely reinstall Windows 10 or if there is something I can do before that:

Since May 16 my mouse cursor keeps disappearing and freezing, the windows circle spins constantly--happens with several different mice and from two different USB ports. The laser light keeps going off and on. Mouse disconnects and reconnects signaled by the USB system sounds. The problem has progressed to general freezing and I've had to manually turn off computer several times each day.

--ran sfc/scannnow and it repaired corrupted files

--Mouse driver okay.

--uninstalled Wondershare using autoruns. I found Wondershare in the start up menu and then uninstalled further folders.

--uninstalled some recently installed programs but not all of them. No change.

I looked at the event viewer after crashes. The error report named NetTcp Port sharing. "The NetTcpActivator service depends on the NetTcpPortSharing service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I looked it up online to change it to Manual (net TCP Activator was disabled when I looked at it), but no difference to computer performance, and I hope I didn't alter something important.

The Avast browser wouldn't work even though it had open tabs, and other browsers worked; and then a pdf wouldn't open, while Acrobat reader DC had previously opened other pdfs. Got it to open in compatibility mode for windows 8.

Safe mode didn't eliminate the usb disconnect-connect sounds. The laser light in the mouse seemed more stable than when not in safe mode.

Using a Ps2 mouse eliminated the USB connect audio alerts but still considerable instability. I cleaned all USB ports with alcohol and q-tip but USB mice still experience cursor issues. PS2 mouse more stable than USB mice.

System very slow, Microsoft Word almost unusable, but today more stable than yesterday.

Event viewer shows constant errors for Tile Repositorys and Tile Data Layer
    svchost TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023

Thank you kindly for any suggestions.

What does Task Manager show is using CPU cycles? Does Event Viewer show anything useful? I would say at this point, unless you can pinpoint one specific issue, a clean install of Windows might be needed to fix this.

Hi I've attached 6 screenshots from Taskmanager processes tab (limit on attachments is 6). This morning the computer restarted to a black screen with cursor, couldn't start task manager. I performed another manual forced shutdown and restart, functioning now.

Event viewer errors after restart from manual shutdown at 10:13 am:
    "Event ID 7046: The following service has repeatedly stopped responding to service control requests: Base Filtering Engine. Contact the service vendor or the system administrator about whether to disable this service until the problem is identified.
    You may have to restart the computer in safe mode before you can disable the service."

"Event ID 7011: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the FDResPub service."

Also error report from 4:30 am when I awakened it from sleep to power it off (It didn't shut down properly from a few hours before, apparently due to an application):
    "Event 137 Kernal power: The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance."

the computer was next turned on around 10:13 am re event reports above.

task manager attachments 7-10

sorry still learning your attachment system.

The Task Manager screen captures did not show any processes with unusual activity.

Check Device Manager for any Devices with yellow or red marks indicating driver issues.
    There may be a USB driver or hardware issue with the USB ports or internal USB hub.

I saw traces from multiple anti-malware programs. I assume that you are running only one active anti-virus program. Running more than one of those can cause them to fight with each other over who gets to control your system, resulting in you not getting to control it.

thank you. I don't see any red or yellow flags and I opened the drop downs for many of them. I'm trying to upload a screenshot of the list but the previous uploads don't clear and the uploads are overcapacity. I can't see how to delete them.
    I have installed Malwarebytes for this round of troubleshooting although I have Bitdefender. I was told the two play nice together and Malwarebytes caught something Bitdefender didn't. But maybe they are conflicting.

Malwarebytes (free version) should not conflict with Bitdefender.

Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments to edit those.

You can also upload the images here:

https://postimages.org/

copy the "Hotlink for forums:" and paste it/them into a new post.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information