[RESOLVED] Outlook 2013 & CoViD-19

Thread: [RESOLVED] Outlook 2013 & CoViD-19

Resolved [RESOLVED] Outlook 2013 & CoViD-19

I'm in Chicago and we've been under a "stay at home" order since 20 March. We'll be going back to work next Wednesday 3 June. We use RackSpace as our email server and, while at home, have all been checking email through their on-line system. Once we're back to work, we'll resume using Outlook 2013 on our PCs, of course, but I do have one major concern. And i do mean major.

All of those PCs have the following settings activated in the "Advanced" tab of their "Account Settings - Delivery" tab:

"Leave a copy of message on server"
    "Remove from server after 14 days"
    "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'"

Since we will not have checked email for over 10 weeks, I'm worried about the "remove from server after 14 days" setting. Will Outlook 2013 first download all 10 weeks of mail into the PCs' inbox before removing all but the last 14 days of email from the server? I'd definitely be in the dog house (if not out on the street) if everyone lost the last 8 weeks of mail.

Thanks in advance,

Terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Remove from server after 14 days means just that.

When you get back there will be 14 days.....

BUT....The mail in your INbox and Sent Folder will remain in the online version. In theory, that would be better than if you had been using your home version of Outlook.

There is a slim chance you can export off the online version and import it locally...... Or the hard way is to go online and FORWARD the important stuff you'd like to have easier access to.

My old company had great luck and service with RackSpace.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks Steve.

I was wondering if (1) it downloaded to the inbox and THEN did the 14-day business and (2) if the "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'" might cover my ass.

Since they don't automagically check email (they're set up so you have to actually send/receive for that), I may be able to change those settings before any damage is done.
    Last edited by terryZ; May 30th, 2020 at 12:26 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

update:

managed to change setting before outlook decided to check for messages

all good now

thanks again, steve

Thread Information