Installing to a different partition

Thread: Installing to a different partition

Installing to a different partition

Sonar and Studio One don't sit happily on the same machine because the plugin scanners get confused and I'm looking for a way to solve that. I'm not sure if creating a completely different vstplugins folder would entirely solve the problem because I'm not sure what other files may be shared.

I've moved from Sonar to Studio One but I still have a lot of unfinished work that was started in Sonar and Studio One can't open those projects.

What if I installed Sonar to a different disk or a partition?

Thanks - rev

That might depend on exactly what part of each software package is causing the issue. Some parts of each are likely to be installed to specific locations on the boot driver regardless of what location you specify for the install. There are also possible Registry conflicts, services, etc.

You could try it to see what happens, but if I were to try that, I would make sure I had a verified image backup to restore just in case you wind up with neither package working.

I created different vst plug in folders for each program and made sure they only scan their own folders, that's been working without problems for a long time now. I think I had them both looking in the same bucket before and theoretically there shouldn't be a problem unless you open both DAWs, then I can see a 'file in use' problem occurring. Don't let them share is the answer.

Thread Information