START PXE OVER IPV6 ???

Thread: START PXE OVER IPV6 ???

START PXE OVER IPV6 ???

My wife has a Dell All-IN-ONE PC. Probably about 2 years old. Yesterday, it crashed with the screen display in a frenzy.
    It was evening so I shut it down to investigate it in the morning (today) When I fired it up this AM, all I got was a blank screen reading "Start PXE OVER IPV6".
    Not knowing what to do, I went to my PC to check on line for any info regarding same. I found one article that mentioned tic the escape key, so I go back to her
    office to do that only to find that the PC had booted up OK. I ran CCleaner & an Antivirus on it (no problems) & rebooted the PC. Again upon reboot the same message
    came up again. This time I just hit the escape key & it booted right away. BTW, the OS is Win10. What do I need to do in order resolve this ? Thanks much.......
    Where there's a will, there's a way

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks fink. The site however does not really tell you what must be done in order to rid the problem permanently....

Did you check the bios boot order? PXE is a network boot. Make sure the HDD or SSD is ahead of PXE in the boot order.

You might want to run hard drive diags also. The computer would fall back to PXE boot if it couldn't boot from the HD properly.

How to change boot order on a Dell PC:

https://www.dell.com/support/article...-8-1-8?lang=en

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Hmmm? Live & learn. This is all new to me. I've never heard of it before. Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if I can tackle it. Is the hard drive diag. in the Dell sys check or is there some other way to run it ? Thanks again....

Midknyte's signature line has a link to the Ultimate Boot CD. That is a bootable disc that you can create that has the diagnostics for various hard drive manufacturers on it. You can use that to test the hard drive.

You need to find out the brand of hard drive first. The model number may be listed in Device Manager or in the BIOS settings.

As for UBCD5, the first post is about how to download UBCD5, post #2 is how to create a bootable drive, post #4 has HD diag info.

Thanks guys, for all the info. I hope to get around to fixing this problem in the coming days. Meanwhile, she keeps this PC going 24/7. And I find that problem only occurs when the PC is rebooted. Hopefully, I can get it resolved for her soon. Thanks again .....................

Thread Information