Bitdefender running time

Thread: Bitdefender running time

Bitdefender running time

I thought I had Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition installed a couple weeks ago, but apparently not. I corrected that last night, installed it properly. Once it was up and running I started a scan, see what damage I might have done in the interim. That was 19 hours ago, and it's still scanning. The little thingie is rotating, telling me that a scan is in progress.

19 hours seems a bit excessive. It's running on an older Dell with Win 7. Should it really take this long?

TaskManager shows four programs running: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, Bitdefender Scan, SAntivirus-Page 2-Mozilla Firefox, and my normal mail client. I'll be re-reading the current thread about SAntivirus when this current scan is finished.

Really, though, should it be taking this long to scan?

Weird. Bitdefender finally decided to admit that it was done, and claimed it took only 6+ hours, not the 19 while the little thingie was spinning. Task manager now tells me I have only two programs running, Bitdefender Running time-Mozilla Firefox, and my mail client. I can see why the Bitdefender Scan entry would disappear, but what about the SAntivirus-Page 2-Mozilla Firefox entry?

I have searched through the Program Files area and fine no mention of SAntivirus. Where might it be hiding?

Look in it's settings to see if it has a "Processor" option.....aka how much juice should it use from the cpu....

I always clear my browser cache/history before a scan... There's less to scan.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

FWIW on my Windows 7 desktop with about 40Gigs used space on an SSD it takes Bitdefender free version about ten minutes to do a scan. I too clear out temp files and browser cache with CCleaner before starting a scan.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

It's time to close this one out. I've given the system a fair while to show problems, and it has not. I can find no indication of SAntivirus in my files.

If a problem presents itself I'll return to this thread, or open a new one, depending on circumstances at the time. I once again thank you all for your help.

Thread Information