Machine can't make restore point

Thread: Machine can't make restore point

Machine can't make restore point

HP Pavilion Slimline s3729y, Phoenix BIOS, 4 gig RAM, GeForce 7100, serial number: 3CR8491XYP, Samsung monitor model 216BW.
    The machine can no longer make a system restore. That means all programs that want to make a restore pont, like Revo, fail.
    I tried Repair but got the message Repair version doesn't match installed version. What do I do?
    Thanks - rev

What is the exact error you are getting? Are you sure that System Protection is turned on? How much space did you allocate for System Protection? You may need to increase that or delete old restore points to make room for new ones.

'Failed to create restore point' if I wait long enough. I was trying to keep restore points but if that will fix it, how do I delete them? CCleaner gives up immediately. I just doubled the allocated space and I'm waiting to see if that works.

Could not create because shadow copy timed out. 0x81000101 try the operation again.
    Trying again. System Properties window was totally frozen had to close with EndTask, Create was disabled after that will try after a reboot.
    Last edited by Reverend; April 17th, 2020 at 07:15 PM.

You should be able to delete restore points from the System Protection window.

Control Panel > System > System Protection
    Click Configure...
    Click Delete (this will delete all restore points)

If you want to try and keep only the latest restore point, look at the "Delete all but the most recent restore point section" on this link:

https://www.ubackup.com/windows-7/de...re-points.html

Thread Information