[RESOLVED] Diff between USB 2n3 for a flash drive for my Pc/Laptop - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Diff between USB 2n3 for a flash drive for my Pc/Laptop

It will be on sale again some time.

A little update on my thread

As I mentioned in post #12 I purchased this external hard drive
    ** Seagate 2TB Expansion Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Model STEA2000400 Black

It was suggested that I purchase Acronis - Amazon has the 3pc version for $38 (plus it says it backs up unlimited phones)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...C0I30N6I&psc=1

If I buy this Acronis version will I be able to back up my PC at home along with my PC at work? I will take my external drive to work and back up my PC. My PC at work is a stand-alone. No network at all. Most of our work we do to GDrive. But I do have a lot of other things on my PC at work. I normally use a flash drive to back up my saved data but of course that won't do me any good if my PC crashes. I only have about 300 gigs of data on my work PC and about 450 gigs of data on my home laptop. I would assume that Acronis compresses the data to some degree so I should be able to get at least two backups of both my home laptop and work PC.

** I can't believe how physically small this external hard drive is - wow!! Years ago when I worked more with computers I remembered them being the size and weight of a medium sized hard-covered book and cost about $500+ It is 4.5"x3"x0.5" and weighs less than my cell phone. Love it!!

The 3 PC version of Acronis allows you to install it on 3 PCs, so you can back up your work and home PCs. You can also do what I do, which is to use it as a bootable disc and back up PCs without installing it. You can make uncompressed backups and there are 3 levels of compression. The higher the compression, the longer the backup takes, but even the highest level does not take too long. You want at least 2 and preferably 3 backups, in case you discover an issue that happened 2 or 3 months previously (missing or corrupted files. etc.).

Ok, thanks jdc2000 I will purchase Acronis now from Amazon for 3 PCs.

Thanks again for your help!!

Thread Information