Shutting down services - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutting down services

The new account appeared in the bottom left corner as 'Admin.' It disappeared next boot, and so did the drop shadows under icon names, but happened again a couple of days ago. Again it disappeared next boot and hasn't shown up since. MBAM says nothing wrong.

I ran a prog called Autoruns right after installing Win 10 and there were 'files not found' all through the list. I don't mean to keep complaining, I know it's not your fault but I can't get through a day without errors and some of them look serious. I set about the fix but it doesn't work or the option required isn't there.

I've had enough, I want to go back! My quest now is to find a Win 7 iso that already has the 'required driver' bundled. If I can get 7 onto this ROG STRIX, I'll be in pig heaven. VST3 drivers? I can live with VST2 and we're only talking nano seconds anyway.

I've got an HP Pavilion with 2 gig of RAM and a normal HDD right next to the ROG which has an SSD, and the HP boots faster by at least a minute!

You can get a stronger horse but there's no advantage if it's then forced to pull 10 times the weight. That's how I feel.

If the new admin account disappeared, then it may have been the one from that Microsoft "update".

Do you know what the missing Windows 7 driver is for? You might be able to get it from the hardware manufacturer if it is not an ASUS driver.

The installation error didn't say what the driver was. I knew other things had to be bundled but I gave it shot just to see what happened. I believe Asus has a full set of steps for win 7 fans, I just haven't had the time lately to get on it.

I also have to get a clear understanding of MBR vs CBT vs Legacy vs UEFI and exactly what settings the BIOS should have to accept an MBR installation. My background was Oracle but it was years ago and I have to really plod through such explanations or I'll come away more confused.

Thanks for the work! That should keep me going for a week or two.

BTW: I got the extra Admin user again but there's no sign of misbehavior. I thought Windows Update on began to interfere when you shut down? In my case it shuts me down whenever the muse strikes, usually a period of idleness.

Thread Information