Tried to reregister ntdll.dll

Thread: Tried to reregister ntdll.dll

Tried to reregister ntdll.dll

When I tried I got:
    The module "ntdll.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLUnregisterServer was not found.

What do I do now?

Thanks - rev

Why are you trying to reregister ntdll.dll? Are you getting some kind of error?

What is the exact command you ran? Did you run it from an admin command prompt?

From Run: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

Yes, I'm getting a consistent error with Sonar Platinum. It's an app crash c0000005 that occurs as soon as I try to load a project. From what I've found out, this occurs when a plug is corrupt but I can start a new file with no plugs in it and it still crashes.

One of the files cited was ntdll.dll and on other occasions I get the same error with audioses.dll. One of the remedies is to re-register ntdll.dll, that's where I get the entry point error.

Edit: Another possible remedy is the hot fix: kb935791 but I haven't found it yet.

Have you tried running Sonar in compatibility mode?

Might try on Sonar's forums also.

From Run: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
    That's not an elevated command prompt. For system files, you have to use an admin command prompt. Look at the following links:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-t...-administrator
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-n...ror-on-windows

I get the same error using an elevated command prompt.

Your top link was blocked by MBAM because of a PUP.

There don't seem to be any Sonar forums anymore, not since it became Bandlab but I tried everywhere that offered a solution. So far no joy - and no one seems exactly certain what c0000005 really means. Some say a corrupt plug but I've added nothing since Sonar worked yesterday.

So it was working OK on Windows 10 yesterday?

It might be time to check on the installed updates. Microsoft may have sneaked something in when you weren't looking.

If you have set Windows 10 to create restore points, you might be able to restore to a date when it was working (or before Sonar was installed). If not, you should probably set Windows 10 to create restore points, as they are off by default in Windows 10.

https://www.howtogeek.com/237230/how...on-windows-10/

I have been keeping restore points but this is a new machine build and I've done nothing but installations and config-ing for days. A Restore would set me back and I still wouldn't know the cause. I guess it would work as a last resort but I'm amazed at how many errors win 10 has out of the box. Then the suggested fix has errors as above.

I used to have 45 - 50 processes running on win 7, that's pretty lean but on win 10 I've got 187! I've been researching what I can shut down all day but all the processes you can shut down weren't even running.

Thread Information