Screen Protector

Thread: Screen Protector

Screen Protector

What ho one and all,

I do bits and bobs for an elderly neighbour. She has just bought one of those i something but for my question, the make / model is not relevant.

She was recommended to use one of those self-adhesive plastic film 'screen protectors' and did follow the install instructions, with the result that there are lots of bubbles.

To the best of my knowledge, when putting any self-adhesive film onto almost anything, the only way to avoid bubbles is to spritz the surface with a fine film of water, apply the film and squeegee the water out. The result is no bubbles.

Not talking about soaking wet, just a fine mist of water. Is this a wise thing to do to a tablet?

Thanks and toodle pip

You are right about water for decal but it is also used by the guys who apply self-adhesive branding sings to vans, the guys who apply adhesive film to windows, etc. I have used water for both and can confirm that when squeegeed out, there are no bubbles.

Thanks for the links

Unless your tablet or smartphone has a waterproof or at least water resistant rating, I wouldn't recommend the water technique with screen protectors. The adhesive may not be compatible with water either. The manufacturer may have included some instructions on the technique to use with their particular film.

Thread Information