OneDrive Issues

Thread: OneDrive Issues

OneDrive Issues

Not actually a WIN 10 issue, but I don't know where else to put it.

I am running WIN 10 on 2 computers on my home LAN. Also use Onedrive.

Onedrive has been dealing me a fit! I have tried to use the Microsoft help, but it is pretty helpless. They deal out canned responses that don't apply or resolve my issues.

So before I go into detail is this the place to ask? Is there a better place for Onedrive questions?

I'll start with my main concern with Onedrive, just as an indication of my issues. I have 2 computers that have been "stuck" "Processing changes" for months now. Both have different numbers of changes, but neither number ever changes.
    This thing has more bugs than a big city flop house.

Just ask the question and a Moderator will move if needed.

Be specific about where you're seeing the "Processing changes."
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I've moved your thread to General and Business Software forum.

Thanks to both.

I see Processing changes when I hover over the Onedrive icon in my tasktray.

Did you try any of these?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-2b45533edccd

I would stop Onedrive on one of the computers while you work on the other.

Thanks guys.

I have once again reset Onedrive on both computers. It is in the process of Processing changes. That takes quite a long time to do. Last time it was several days. So I'll wait and see, although I have done this several times now and I don't expect any different results. Hopefully. I'll check out the links and report back as soon as I have something to report.

How much data are you syncing?

Did you sync the folders over your LAN first? The last time I checked, Onedrive doesn't do LAN syncing.

Actually, Midknyte's idea might help to speed things up. If you have both computers on a home LAN, you could easily use a tool like SyncToy (free from Microsoft) of SyncBack to sync the local folders. That would be much faster than Internet syncing to OneDrive even if you had a Gigabyte internet connection. That might also speed up OneDrive syncing.

I'm not trying to sync the computers. Actually just the opposite, I don't want them to sync to each other. I just want to be able to use Onedrive to sync my folders to so that I can access them from any computer.

The sync issue is another problem that I am having with Onedrive. If I create a folder on either computer desktop it is made a Onedrive folder as expected. But it is also created on the other computer desktop. I have looked in the OneDrive online and under PC's it shows neither computer.

I used SyncToy back in the Win7 days. I thought that it didn't work with Win10. Has that changed?

If you are using the same Microsoft account login to access OneDrive on each computer (likely), and you have OneDrive sync set up, then Microsoft is likely going to be trying to sync all files on each computer to each computer, so the behavior you are seeing is what I would expect.

If what you are really wanting it to sync individual computers files to OneDrive in separate OneDrive folders and sub-folders, that might need a different setup process.

SyncToy should work on Windows 10 - I have it set up and working on a Windows 10 computer.

What folder did you designate as the OneDrive folder? By default, it's going to sync all files in that folder.

Check which folders you are sharing, and then only choose the ones you want:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...5-a14ff2415e85

If you want to change the OneDrive location:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...n-windows-10-0

Thread Information