Display doesn't fit screen - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Display doesn't fit screen

I still think you should install the actual Intel drivers, not just the ones from Windows Update.

Display

I closed the thread 'Display doesn't fit the screen' and I can't get back in.

The monitor is an ATVIO 32" TV screen.

1368 x 733 is the resolution I found for the ATVIO 32" Smart TV. If you have the manual for it, it might give some information.

Merged threads. If you close a thread, then you can't add new posts.

I noticed that.

>1368 x 733 is the resolution I found for the ATVIO 32" Smart TV.
    I'm using the closest fixed increment to that setting. It's not terrible, at least I can see most of the taskbar icons and some of the Start Button.

I'll try Intel.

1368 x 733? That's probably why the screen resolution is off. You'd expect something like 1366 x 768 (16:9)

It was an Intel driver that was already there but I'm getting the latest from Intel just in case. The exact one (UHD Graphics 630) isn't found by a search on the Intel site, instead I get DCH drivers, it mine might be bundled or DHC fits all.

Yep, mine was bundled, now we will see!
    Last edited by Reverend; February 10th, 2020 at 07:52 PM.

No difference, no slider.

So you didn't try the drivers from the Asus site? That's the link I posted in post #2.
    Version 26.20.100.7210 2019/11/27

At this point, I think it's more the fact that your TV doesn't use a standard resolution size.

I've only tried the default driver that came with the installation (Intel) and the latest from Intel in case it was different. Res is now showing 1360 x 768 but if there's a difference I can't tell.

I'll try Asus, I'll try anything!

It's 1360, not 1366?

Like I said, I don't think it's the video drivers at this point. If your TV doesn't support a standard resolution, then that's the problem.

Didn't you have this issue before? I'd think this would be an issue for any version of Windows.

You could try adding a custom resolution, but I can't guarantee it will work. You'd need to install the actual Intel driver software, not just the default Windows one.

https://appuals.com/how-to-create-cu...ows-7-8-or-10/

I've installed the latest driver from Intel and there's no slider and no difference.

I didn't have this issue before because I was using an NVIDIA driver (730) which comes with a Control Panel. In the NVIDIA control panel you can adjust by simply dragging the slider until all four corners are on the screen.

Unfortunately, that's a problem you face if you have non-standard hardware.

Did you look at the link I posted about custom resolutions? There are no sliders for Intel.
    Verify from here if you have the latest Intel Graphics Driver
    Open the Intel Graphics Driver properties windows by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F12 or right-clicking on the Windows desktop and selecting Graphics If prompted to select an application mode, select Advanced Mode and click OK.
    Under the Display tab, check if there is Custom Resolutions/Custom Modes and select it. If you’re prompted with a warning, click yes to continue.

The Custom Resolution/Modes feature was removed from the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. You can still access it from C:\Windows\System32\CustomModeApp.exe

Under “Basic Settings”, specify your preferred width, height and refresh rate in the boxes provided (e.g. 2400 x 1024).
    Click on Add and then Yes when prompted with a confirmation dialog.
    Click OK if you’re satisfied with the current resolution. To remove the custom resolution, click on Remove next to the custom resolution under “Remove Custom Resolution”.

Another link:

https://appuals.com/how-to-create-cu...ows-7-8-or-10/

If you can't get any methods to work with the Intel display driver, it might be time for an nVidia add-in card.

Thread Information