[RESOLVED] Windows Update error code

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Update error code

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows Update error code

I decided to check my windows update files and found out that file 1903 had failed and wasn't installed back in June. This is after I got a notice to install 1909. This also failed. I went to Microsoft trouble shooting site which I guess is automated as I never talked to a person. It said they did some resetting's and I tried again to download 1909. It failed. The error code is 0x80070003. I guess I shouldn't do automatic updating.

Thanks for the reply!

I will for sure try those. Youtube tutorials don't work either.

I found out why I can't do update to 19.09. The BIOS I have is from 2009 Dell computer and is not updatable and according to Microsoft will not allow updating. And even though my computer says 19.03 I actually have 18. whatever, I don't remember what.

Which Dell model do you have? If you are stuck on Windows 10 18.xx, that may mean you won't be able to get important (security) updates at some future date.

Dell XPS 730x. It was made in 2009. I bought it used for $250. It was a gaming machine. I got good use out of it. We are getting a new computer so that should solve the problem. Is there anything i can do with the XPS 730x? Windows 10 was downloaded when it was free.

Thanks

Are you still receiving other security updates? If yes, check the following to see what version of Windows 10 is listed for your computer:

Click the "Start" block, then click on Settings, then select System, About and scroll down to see the version.

18.03 is already out of support. 18.09 end of support for Home and Pro is May 10, 2020. For Enterprise versions it is May 11, 2021 unless you have the LTSC/LTSB version which gets 10 years of support. Buying those would probably more expensive than you would want though.

18.09. Still getting updates. New computer should resolve all. Coming Tuesday. I can always put Linux on the old computer to play around with.

Thread Information