Installing W10

Thread: Installing W10

Installing W10

What ho one and all,

I guess my question is going to appear somewhat Luddite, but here goes.....

My main computer still works just fine on XP and I more or less know my way around. I don't have to log on, it just starts so don't even know if I have and Admin a/c set up.

We have a W7 computer that we use to view TV (over the internet) and watch DVD. I regularly now get BBC messages that Flash will not work soon, and I should upgrade the OS and /or browser. I think I can use the free w10 upgrade and having made an image of the existing W7, am prepared to give it a go.

But I do not have an MS account and frankly, don't want (or need) one. If using the on-line upgrade, is a MS account set up? Why do I need one? Can i operate the computer without an MS account?

Then there is the issue of admin accounts. I really don't know much since when switched on, it just loads to the desktop. If doing an on-line upgrade, will I need to know about admin accounts. Once it is set up, can I disable so that the computer will boots to the desktop without selecting a/c and/or password?

I have been looking on Google but am at a loss as to why I would need (or even what it is) an admin account. I jsut want to use the computer the way I always have.

Thanks and toodle pip

If you are asking if you can set up your win 10 pc without using a email as a log in, yes you can.

https://windowsreport.com/install-wi...osoft-account/

If you've already setup windows 10 with an email, you can.
    To do so, follow these steps:
    Click the “Start” button and select “Settings”.
    Choose “Accounts” in the Settings window.
    Select the “Your email and accounts” option in the left pane.
    Click the “Sign in with a local account instead” option in the right pane.

Actually, Microsoft REALLY wants you to use a Microsoft account to log into Windows 10 (so they can log in any time they want). With the latest updates, you now have to install Windows 10 WITHOUT connecting the computer to the internet in order to get the option to use a Local account. Once you have a Local account created, you can then connect the computer to the Internet.

I regularly now get BBC messages that Flash will not work soon, and I should upgrade the OS and /or browser.
    What browser are you using? Flash is a separate issue from Windows.

If you are using Internet Explorer, you will often get this message on many sites, even though IE11 would probably work on them. Web site maintainers do not want to even bother testing their sites on IE11 any more.

Thread Information