Google Search Engine question...

Thread: Google Search Engine question...

Google Search Engine question...

I've used Chrome browser and Google search engine for years and was very happy; However, in the past few months, something has changed--at least for me. After I hit "search", the results I want show up for a second, and then they're suddenly pushed down by "ads". Most of the time, I click on the result I want only to have it suddenly switch. I end up clicking on the "ad" instead. Is this something Google has done, or is it a setting that I can change? Sorry if wrong forum, but I have searched everywhere and can't find an answer. Thanks!

I've always found, at least for some years, that the first few results in most google searches are from companies/people who pay google for ads and get top placement in search returns. They don't look like regular banner ads but are ads non-the-less.
    Is that what you mean?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

No. These have a small square surrounding "ad" to the left of about the top 5 or so results. The frustrating things is they are not there at first, so when I go to click on the results I want, I end up clicking on an ad. I have Windows 10. My mother has Windows 8. When I do a search on her pc, this does not happen. I just went to check on my husband's computer. The "ads" are on top, but not as many, and they are there when you first search. They don't suddenly jump up.

I use an ad blocker.. uBlock specifically and when I turn it off I get some ads at the top of a google search. Otherwise they don't appear either immediately or delayed. Do you use one? Have you tried a different browser for comparison?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I thought I replied, but I don't see it. I'm going to blame it on my Chrome adblocker--at least for the "jumping". The ads show up at the top on Internet Explorer automatically--no jump. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for the response!

A little late to the party
    You don't have to use Google. Duckduckgo and Startpage don't record your IP Address.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

It wouldn't hurt to run a Malwarebytes scan, just in case you have an unwanted add-on that is causing this.

Thread Information