Installed Linux on older computer... want to revert to Windows!

Thread: Installed Linux on older computer... want to revert to Windows!

Question Installed Linux on older computer... want to revert to Windows!

So, I had an older desktop and thought I would want to run it basically for a casual game and liked the idea of Linux.... But I've never been able to get it and just said screw it and the computer is rotting.

I'd like to switch back to Windows because I read that you can get Windows 10 installed free and then I can see if it is even usuable. However, I've read some guides and Linux is not just a foreign language, but it's like I can pull up a different web site and get a different guide altogether. It's been frustrating of course as a Linux know-nothing.

My question is, can anyone point me to a guide that is doable to take a Linux computer and completely turn it into Windows 10? I don't need anything on the harddrive whatsoever.

Thank you for reading.
    Thank you to the gracious members of Virtual Dr for helping me for free since 2003.

You can get Windows 10 for free but you'd need a Win 7 or Win 8.1 license that hasn't been used previously to upgrade to Windows 10 to properly and legally activate it. You would need to do a clean install on that computer which would mean formatting the drive during the install process.

Options:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...s-10-for-free/
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information