Retaining Windows 7 ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retaining Windows 7 ?

No, I meant when I ran Autopatcher to download the updates. The download link still worked.

Hmm, it seems to start running now, but it errored out for me earlier. Maybe it was my network connection. I don't want to download 1GB of updates again, but it seems like it's connecting now.

OK, the program installed the 2nd time and it had 2 windows, 1 for D/L Updates and 1 for installing them. But I already have all previous updates except the telemetry and nags.

What exactly is this program doing? I should have asked before I installed it. I'm going to check at MyDigitalLife and get back to you.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Which program are you talking about? You don't have to install either of them. You just run the .exe.

You can download the updates to save for another install (like a clean install of Windows), or you can check for which updates you are missing.

I was referring to AutoPatcher.zip, which had to be unzipped to install. It wouldn't install the first time around, giving me an error message.

Here's the discussion at MyDiigitalLife. You have to be a member to read the posts.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...ibility.80606/

I'm waiting to see what happens on Tuesday.
    Last edited by foxy; January 19th, 2020 at 08:00 PM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/24/2020

It's worked with the first Update after ESU:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr....80606/page-41

I would feel more confident using this than Opatch. I have nothing to lose. I have a 4th machine with more advanced hardware, and it will run 7 for quite some time.
    Last edited by foxy; January 24th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information