This is for my brother/firefox problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is for my brother/firefox problem

As long as it works AND he can find things. Depending on what he is using, that may or may not be an issue. You will likely want to create some Desktop shortcuts for items he uses frequently.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Well, he only plays PCH.com games, check his gmail and search things online and watch YouTube videos. He doesn't use programs like I do, I'm pretty sure just a clean install of Windows 10 will be enough for him.

A Google Chrome incon on the Desktop, with the appropriate bookmarks, may be enough then.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    His last words were, all I want is Windows 10 to work. And I said it will because I'll wipe your drive, then install Windows 10, not like you did and install inside Windows 7. He said he only did what they told him. I can't believe Microsoft told him to install Windows 10 inside Windows 7.

My friend uses only email and takes a very occasional peek at the web. She asked me to downgrade her to Win10, and I advised against it. So she asked someone else to do it. Then she said she didn't understand what the fuss is about with Win10. It works fine for her.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thread Information