[RESOLVED] Saving FF profile - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Saving FF profile

I don't use Mozbackup. I backup the entire folder and my Thunderbird and Waterfox profiles every night with a little utility.

In a new system, I copy the entire profile folder's CONTENTS, not the whole folder, in Win Explorer. The first time you run FF in 10, it creates a new profile called
    alphanumeric.name-you-choose
    That name is then entered into Profiles.ini. For instance, when I set up my Win 7 machine, it named the profile "31g04a7w." I added "New-with-7" and the profile became
    "31g04a7w.New-with-7."

You don't want to change that name because it's already registered in Profiles.ini., so just drop all the old folder's contents into that folder. You now have password, bookmarks, history, installed extensions, preferences, css tweaks and the kitchen sink. It's a perfect copy.
    Last edited by foxy; January 8th, 2020 at 02:59 AM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I've decided to just keep the present drive intact as is and not install Windows 10 on it. I've been needing a bigger SSD for sometime and today I bought a WD 500GB drive with an adapter to hold two SSD drives, I'll be installing Windows 10 on the new drive.

Thread Information