Folder order

Thread: Folder order

Folder order

What ho one and all,

Still using XP and more than happy with it. However a recent minor issue that is annoying me.

If I copy and paste from anywhere, or just create a new document and want to save it, (for example save to D:/Misc/Car/Brakes) because that is the thing I want to save, in the past, each Save box opened with the folders first and any files within, after. Now, every Save box opens with the folders last. I can re-arrange no problem but doing so seems to be only for this one time.

How do I get the file arrangement back so that it is folders first by default?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

Is this affecting the Save dialog box only, or all Windows (File) Explorer folder views also? If the latter, it is possible that you have somehow changed the view for all folders.

Possibly useful link:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/1562...lder_view.html

Only the Save dialogue boxes.

Can rearrange by 'Arrange Name' but it does not stay that way the next Save.

Course Rex spent more time typing this thread then he'll spend over the next six years of saving files

While saving try holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the column to sort them. Release the CTRL key before clicking Save.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information