Web site error?

Thread: Web site error?

Web site error?

What ho one and all,

For many years, I have been participating in an on-line forum related to my car (www.talkford.com) I have it set up so that I receive via e-mail, the responses to any threads that I view or start.

About four days ago, I could not get on the forum but I still receive the e-mail from other participants, which are coming from the forum, so I assume that for others, the web site is working.

Attachment 15215

I don't think the issue is my computer as all other web sites work fine, although I appreciate that with XP and Firefox 49, I will be criticized! However, i have tried on XP / FF52 and W7 / FF52 and two other browsers, (SlimJim and Vivaldi) using three different computers and they all give the same response.

I don't know if it is me or them but I suspect them?

Grateful for any suggestions

From the error message, it's an SSL/TLS error. Looks like the site admin upgraded to TLS 1.3 and disabled lower versions.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/anal...d=talkford.com

You'd need to use a browser that supports TLS 1.3. FF52 only supports up to TLS 1.2. XP only supports up to TLS 1.0.

You can test the other browsers at this link: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Thanks for the explanation. Can't say I understand but looks like we Luddites are in line for extinction, sooner rather than later. Never received any communication that things were going to change.

What a bloody racket!

In short - Windows 10 and most current version of Chrome can access the site.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Current Firefox will also work.

Thread Information