Regarding Anti-Virus Programs..Query?

Thread: Regarding Anti-Virus Programs..Query?

Regarding Anti-Virus Programs..Query?

I am due to renew my anti-virus for another year. In the past years (10-20) I've used either Avast or AVG the free versions. Last year, I went with Webroot. They cover multiple PC's.
    This year I'm tossed between Norton or Webroot. According to recent reports, Norton is leading as the top ant-virus program. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best??
    Also, sometime back, there was some scuttlebutt that CCleaner was no longer a worthwhile secondary PC cleaner. It seems to me that they may have cleaned up their act. I'm referring to the free-bee version.
    Any comments??. Thanks..........
    Where there's a will, there's a way

CCLeaner works well and is generally well regarded. They had a version a couple of years ago that was somehow laden with malware but it was quickly discovered by the folks at CCleaner and withdrawn.

As far as a/v's go many here just use and recommend the built in Microsoft Defender a/v, I have used Avast for many years but perhaps you are the best one to judge whether Webroot is good enough since you've been using it for a year. If it's protected you and hasn't caused any problems then you may want to leave well enough alone.

I'm not convinced that Norton has been particularly top notch for years now.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thank you much for the info. I guess a/v is just like any other program that have both pro & con issues. Guess I'll just have to go with my gut. Have a great week !!
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Thread Information