[RESOLVED] MY PC WON'T ALLOW ME TO DO THIS FUNCTION ??

Thread: [RESOLVED] MY PC WON'T ALLOW ME TO DO THIS FUNCTION ??

Resolved [RESOLVED] MY PC WON'T ALLOW ME TO DO THIS FUNCTION ??

I am trying to setup a VLC playlist into a certain folder in a secondary hard drive . When I try to do so, I get this message:

[C:\windows\system32\VLCPlaylists.m3u
    You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain permission........]

I have been running this computer for a number of years which is setup with Windows 10....Any suggestions.? Thanks.....
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Something is not adding up here. Your secondary drive is C?

You shouldn't be saving data to C:\Windows\System32 anyway. That's a system folder.

Yes, you're right. I finally figured that out. I wanted to use drive D instead. So when that didn't work out, I went for C. However, that does not resolve the issue of not having administrator rights. I own the unit & that should give me the right to put files wherever, whatever, whenever I choose. Thanks for the input..............

Oh BTW, the files went to a folder under "users" in the C drive. I needed to clarify that..........

I own the unit & that should give me the right to put files wherever, whatever, whenever I choose.
    You would ordinarily think that. Microsoft thinks otherwise however. The system32 folder is protected in theory so that malware won't replace the system files there. However, in practice there is not much protection to keep that from happening.

When you stop & think about it, Midknyte was right. What's not right here is that why was the system32 file even mentioned in the report??
    I had set up a folder in a secondary hard drive in order to put my VLC files into. However, VLC would not allow it. That's what brought on the report.
    the report did go on to say " would you like to place the files music folder instead? And of course that folder is listed under users in the C drive.
    I NEVER had any intentions of trying to put the files in C:\system32 folder. I'm not quite that stupid. Anyway, the problem is resolved & thanks again for the input.........

Thread Information