Win 10 BSOD Problem

Thread: Win 10 BSOD Problem

Win 10 BSOD Problem

My Win 10 started BSOD and rebooting randomly about every 15 min - 30 min 2 days ago.

But on some reboots it would boot to like a fresh install, all my folders were gone, programs, all custom settings, everything was just back to like I just installed for the 1st time???

After a reboot everything was back to normal, apart from the BSOD.

Now it has gone back to the 'so called fresh install' and now its stuck there. Also some things now don't even function properly, like the start menu doesn't work, action center, Ms Edge wont work.

I have recovered my files by slaving the HD in another comp. But I still need to get it back booting properly.

Is there away to get my Win 10 back??

Thanks for any help on this.

Edit: Just having a look and I have found my files, and programs are still in 'programs folder'?? So it hasn't completely wiped everything?? Also the BSOD has stopped on this strange problem??
    Last edited by VLCT; October 14th, 2019 at 05:32 AM.

Windows 10 is, unfortunately, perpetually in beta test mode, and you are the tester.

Your issues may or may not be related to the latest Microsoft "update" glitch:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...ays-microsoft/

You should not be getting BSODs though. BlueScreenView might give you some useful information as to what is causing those.

This problem is not the same as the link. Win 10 has 'factory reset its self' with no input by me.

I don't get how it can 'factory reset its self' after the BSOD, then on next boot im back to my custom Win 10??

Like the factory OS is on the HD with my custom OS. On the factory OS my files are still in the recycle bin, my main folder where all my files is still there but empty, my programs are in the programs folder.

I downloaded BlueScreenView just before it got stuck on the 'factory reset' but its too late now as the dump files are now gone.

This Win 10 install was buggy from the start, with things not working right, but its totally messed up now. I have 3 other Win 10 installs on different comps, 2 are good (so far), 1 other is buggy as well as this one, like you said, this OS is in beta test mode!!

MS has totally messed up with this Win 10 rubbish. My 20+ years using Windows starting with Win 98, I have never seen this before, even my old Vista on another HD, which is still going wasn't as bad as this!!

Anyway time to do a clean install AGAIN!!! Thanks alot MS!!
    Last edited by VLCT; October 14th, 2019 at 11:57 PM.

Has it been solved?

Thread Information