color change

Thread: color change

color change

Desperate. Trying to aid neighbor. All icons on her Asus notebook are light green.
    Everything works fine, but can't figure out how to get or reset properly the color.
    Tried right clicking n empty space, but there doesn't seem to be a choice there to reset the colors in a fashion that would get rid of the faint, almost water color desktop icons. The underlying icon IDs appear to be the same, very pale green. Background is set to black. Works ok. It's an Asus notebook, running Win 8.1. Please step me through the fix as I'm not too familiar with Win 8.1, thought it seems to be a graphics issue. Appreciate the help. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Is it just the icons, or do other images (photos, web site images, etc.) have altered colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
    Desperate. Trying to aid neighbor. All icons on her Asus notebook are light green.
    Everything works fine, but can't figure out how to get or reset properly the color.
    Tried right clicking n empty space, but there doesn't seem to be a choice there to reset the colors in a fashion that would get rid of the faint, almost water color desktop icons. The underlying icon IDs appear to be the same, very pale green. Background is set to black. Works ok. It's an Asus notebook, running Win 8.1. Please step me through the fix as I'm not too familiar with Win 8.1, thought it seems to be a graphics issue. Appreciate the help. Jim S.
    Looks like a fungus. When I go to control panel, same thing, faint, green colored text, icons. Getting a list of programs installed or desktop items, same pale green, almost white color. As said, everything seems to work fine, opens/closes quickly, but I can't get the color scheme corrected.
    Jim S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
    Looks like a fungus. When I go to control panel, same thing, faint, green colored text, icons. Getting a list of programs installed or desktop items, same pale green, almost white color. As said, everything seems to work fine, opens/closes quickly, but I can't get the color scheme corrected.
    Noted on the internet the same problem. However, I note that some of the text is white, and in the same paragraph, it will turn the pale green. Same with underlines on feature news items, some words are in white, others are pale green.
    Jim S.

Within a few minutes the white letters turn to pale green, and all text then appears in pale green, almost white.
    Jim S.

Ditto to what SpywareDr said. Did you try an external monitor? If it looks ok on another monitor, then it's probably the LCD going bad. If the colors are still messed up, then it might be a problem with the video card/motherboard.

Figured it was the video card, etc. Seems this is another case of a user overlooking the little problems that crop up, but continues to use their computer until if fails partially or completely. She admits, when questioned that yes, I did notice this and that over a period of time, but says, "it kept working, so I thought everything was allright." Kinda like her computer, things are starting to fail, but I keep on going...……:-) Thanks to all for the confirmation. The external HDMI monitor test displayed all colors as they ought. Jim S
    Jim S.

Thread Information