So I am trying to add a start up program to start when my Windows 10 Pro 64bit machine boots.

When Windows boots, I see the splash screen for the program on the screen and it looks like it is starting normally. But it doesn't launch. When Windows is fully loaded and everything is finished booting the program has not started.

Some points:

1. It's a portable app. Launchy.

2. On rare occasions it DOES start properly without changing anything. Most of the time it does not. But it always LOOKS like it is starting normally (I see the splash screen).

3. I have tried launching it in a couple of ways including adding it to the Startup folder (where it is now) and adding it to the task scheduler. I tried various parameters in the task scheduler such as adding a delay to the startup. I had the same issue every way I tried to start it.

4. It launches perfectly every time when I manually start it from the .exe file or a shortcut. No sign of any problem.

5. This doesn't seem to be specific to Launchy. I tried to get some other programs to launch at startup and some had the same problem. So it seems like it is maybe something involving the OS and not the specific program.

6. There are no other programs in the Startup folder now except Launchy (since I put it there after it didn't work when I put it in task manager). But there are a number of programs in the task scheduler that seem to be launching correctly. Most of them were either already in there when I got the computer or added to the task manager by the program's installer.

I have been setting up this new computer for a couple of months and solved every other quirky issue I've encountered so far. This is the last one. I'm out of ideas. I've never seen something like this.

Thanks for any help!