Gmail not downloading mail

Thread: Gmail not downloading mail

Gmail not downloading mail

I am not using a mail app. I logon to Gmail and receive mail through the browser. This morning my email does not download. The date for the email is 8/20/2019. I have no filters or blocking at all. What do I check or change is settings, or where?

Is it just one email that's not downloading? Do you get a message from gmail about it? Test by sending yourself an email with just a short text message with no attachments and see if that one downloads. Also try a different browser. Also check that your antivirus isn't blocking the download due to possibly detecting malware.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for our reply. I came to the forum and replied to your suggestion and I don't know what happened, but I do not see the reply here. I returned to say that I found the emails that were not in the inbox. They had gone to Trash. The last email in the Inbox gave Aug. 20 in the time column. It was 7:08 AM Aug. 21. I went to Settings to see if something had changed. All was the same, but I noticed that Hotmail was not checked for importing, even though I have been receiving Hotmail through Gmail, so I checked to import Hotmail. When I went back to Gmail, there was a notice that Hotmail was being imported. I had tried to forward an email to myself, and it did not show up. While trying to determine what the issue was with the email, I decided to go to USAA's site to view a document. I logged on to the site up to the placement of the code sent to my phone, and when I requested the code, the message with the code never arrived in my messages on the phone. So I decided to check USAA with my app on my phone and got in to view the document. Then I had to leave the computer for other work and returned an hour later. This time there were 4 new emails. At this point I checked Trash, there in Trash were the emails I thought had not been delivered. I retried going to USAA and this time the code was sent to my phone. I do not know how these two issues are related, if at all and it was just happenstance. Don't know why those were in trash, but they were. So at this time, all seems to be in order. Again, thanks your suggestions and assistance.

It is possible that a spam filter or setting may have spaminated your e-mails to the Trash folder. You may want to check your settings and make sure that legitimate e-mails from domains that you expect to receive e-mail from are white listed.

Thread Information