1 of 4 Windows PCs can't see other 3 anymore?

Thread: 1 of 4 Windows PCs can't see other 3 anymore?

Question 1 of 4 Windows PCs can't see other 3 anymore?

4 Windows PCs. 3 are Win10 and 1 Win7. All 4 have been visible to all others for months. Recently 1 of the Win10 machines no longer lists any of the other 3 under Network in Windows Explorer. The other 3 can see it though. All have Network Discovery and File Sharing on and as I said - working fine for a long time.

The problem PC is connected to a switch via power line ethernet, then to a wi-fi router which is connected to a cable modem. This set up has worked fine for years. 1 of the 3 PCs is connected to the switch via ethernet, the other 2 connect to router via wi-fi.

The problem PC CAN get to the internet.

Further - I can successfully ping the other PCs from the problem PC but still can't see them in Windows Explorer at all. I shut off all network discovery and files sharing on it. Rebooted. Turned all back on, rebooted and still nothing. I have no clue what to try next!?

This seems to be a common problem on Win10. Try the instructions here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7deab27?auth=1

If that still doesn't work, try setting the Startup Type of "Function Discovery Provider Host" to Automatic (Delayed Start), and then reboot.

Also make sure that the WORKGROUP name is the same for all computers. It's possible that the workgroup name was reset during a Windows version Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    This seems to be a common problem on Win10. Try the instructions here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7deab27?auth=1

If that still doesn't work, try setting the Startup Type of "Function Discovery Provider Host" to Automatic (Delayed Start), and then reboot.

Also make sure that the WORKGROUP name is the same for all computers. It's possible that the workgroup name was reset during a Windows version Update.
    Thanks Mid! Your info helped and I found this video as well. I'm back in business!

Thread Information