search engine spiders

Thread: search engine spiders

search engine spiders

used to be that search engines only spidered your site if your home / landing page had changed. has that process changed?

i'm asking because our business site has been converted to word press and i'm still making a change on the home page every month like i have been for decades. i wonder if i need to continue doing this.

thanks in advance,

terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

thanks, jdc.

"Crawling is the discovery process in which search engines send out a team of robots (known as crawlers or spiders) to find new and updated content." - from your first link. i guess nothing has changed so i'll continue to make changes on our homepage periodically.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Probably still a good idea. I don't know if it will do much for your site's ranking, though. For that, you want to make sure that the search terms that potential visitors might use can be found on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Probably still a good idea. I don't know if it will do much for your site's ranking, though. For that, you want to make sure that the search terms that potential visitors might use can be found on your site.
    yeah, i know all about SEOs from way back when we used front page. thanks for the reminder, jdc.

Hi Terry, The process of crawling haven't changed and If you are making changes on the website that is fine and normal. However, Whenever you finished making changes on the website, you can simply submit the updated sitemap to Google through Google search console. It will help Google to find updated content on the website and you can submit the sitemap to Google after a couple of weeks not daily. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kpawan View Post
    Hi Terry, The process of crawling haven't changed and If you are making changes on the website that is fine and normal. However, Whenever you finished making changes on the website, you can simply submit the updated sitemap to Google through Google search console. It will help Google to find updated content on the website and you can submit the sitemap to Google after a couple of weeks not daily. Thank you
    i never thought of that, kpawan. great idea. thanks.

Thread Information