[RESOLVED] malewintersody.win

Thread: [RESOLVED] malewintersody.win

Resolved [RESOLVED] malewintersody.win

my sisters computer HP running win10 home has a pop up on her firefox browser that has a big red arrow pointing up that asks to load "malewintersody.win" with a allow / don't allow buttons. Her computer is locked up and can't open anything. I couldn't find any info on want it is. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Please, observe following rules:

• Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
    • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
    • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
    • Never run more than one scan at a time.
    • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
    • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
    • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
    • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=================================

Did you try to restart computer?
    What exactly happens when you try to open any program?

Thanks Bromi for the reply.
    My sister is in Oregon and I'm in Hawaii so wasn't able to see what her computer was doing. She sent me a text msg for help. My nephew went over and fixed it. He just did a power down and it booted back up with no problems. Apparently a website was trying to load itself by force. All is good now.

Thread Information