SmartPhone Contacts

Thread: SmartPhone Contacts

SmartPhone Contacts

What ho one and all,

I am a SmartPhone virgin! My current mobile is an old Nokia that makes and receives calls and text messages; that is all it does. All contact information is held in the phone memory and/or the SIM card.

I am thinking of getting a SmartPhone, probably a Nokia Lumia 830 (I know this is an oldie) with Windows Phone 8.1. Reading the user manual, am I correct in assuming that I have to open an MS account and all the contact information (names, phone numbers, etc) is held in an MS cloud? Does this mean that when I turn the phone on, if I want to make a call, I have to log-in to my MS account?

Thanks

Rex

Importing Contacts

On a secondary note to the above, my current old Nokia has a standard SIM. If I do get a SmartPhone, is it possible to import my contacts to a Micro SIM?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

What model of Nokia do you have?

My current phone is a Nokia 6030 and the one I am thinking of getting from Morgan Computers, is a refurbished Nokia Lumia 830.

On a different note, and probably should be a new thread, what is the difference between a Windows phone and an Android one? Is one os preferably to the other?

Microsoft no longer supports their phone OS, so I would forget about getting that type of phone.

Possibly useful links:

https://www.phonecopy.com/en/phones/view/nokia_6030

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-on-Nokia-6030

Thanks for the links. Don't know who put that information onto the web but my 6030 does not have those options. Under Organiser, all I have Alarm Clock, Calendar and Calculator!

I do have my contact saved to the SIM and phone, so doing a Mr. Google search, I see I can buy SIM / USB readers. So guess I could save the contacts to my computer and with any new phone, copy them back to the new SIM?

Although from what I have read, most SmartPhone have all the contacts saved in the cloud and not on the phone. Is that correct or not?

My contacts are saved to my phone only.

If the Contacts are saved to the SIM, a SIM reader should allow you to transfer them. Smart phones are much easier to transfer contacts to and from. They are stored on the phone and backed up (if desired) to the "cloud".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Lumia_830

Thread Information