[RESOLVED] Problem with mouse scrolling anywhere, in files, in search bars..

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problem with mouse scrolling anywhere, in files, in search bars..

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Problem with mouse scrolling anywhere, in files, in search bars..

This just started on my Windows 7 Inspiron desktop.. following line is what it does..

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    It does that on everything... I hadn't used my pc in a while, so had to put new battery in keyboard.

Turned it upside down, so not sure if I pushed a button on keyboard that would cause this to happen?

I updated the mouse driver, but didn't stop it.

Hope someone can help me with this..
    Thanks,
    patti686
    Last edited by patti686; June 5th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Not sure I understand the problem. Is it an issue with the mouse scroll wheel, or clicking on and moving the scroll bars in a windows? It produces a line of dots instead of scrolling? More details are needed for us to determine the issue and the cause. Also, what make and model of mouse (or touchpad) do you have, and what make and model of computer? Built-in touchpad or pointing device or external mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Not sure I understand the problem. Is it an issue with the mouse scroll wheel, or clicking on and moving the scroll bars in a windows? It produces a line of dots instead of scrolling? More details are needed for us to determine the issue and the cause. Also, what make and model of mouse (or touchpad) do you have, and what make and model of computer? Built-in touchpad or pointing device or external mouse?

I'm sorry I just now seen I posted under laptops..This is a Dell Inspiron Desktop, Windows 7...

I know it is hard to explain to you. When I click on start button, there is a space at bottom to search? Right after it opens up, this ``````````````````````` just starts running across, with out me touching anything. It also does that if I open a document, it will start pushing anything in there to the right. If I try typing anything it will push letters apart.

Let me know if you need more information? I am on my laptop right now. It's a Logitech mouse wireless and wireless keyboard...
    Last edited by patti686; June 5th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

That sounds more like an issue with the keyboard. Check for a stuck key (the ~ / ` key on the upper left) on the keyboard. Check the space bar also. Check for something like a staple or paper clip that my have fallen into the keyboard. Check for rattling sounds if you hold the keyboard upside down and shake it back and forth.

That was it, I shook keyboard nothing fell out, but that fixed it...Thank you so much jdc2000... It was driving me crazy...

Thanks for the update. Glad the fix was that easy.

Thread Information