[RESOLVED] I didn't know to post new or old. Not resolved

Thread: [RESOLVED] I didn't know to post new or old. Not resolved

Resolved [RESOLVED] I didn't know to post new or old. Not resolved

Original post
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...VED-Backup-UPS

I marked it a solved but it's not. The line is isolated and at 5- 5:15 a.m. every morning the clicking starts. It lasts for about an hour. There is no definite timing to when or the intervals of the clicks. I still get it through my speakers regardless. I have swapped motherboards twice thinking there was an issue but I believe I have that ruled out. I changed audio drivers per board more than once and it persists. The UPS I have has a LIM and that's where I am plugged in and the pc is the only thing plugged in. None of these have had a sound card involved. All onboard. I do not run through an extension or a power strip anywhere from PC to wall. I swapped PSU's because of the video cards so I have so I think I ruled that out. It obviously has been wired and rewired numerous times.

Could the HDMI from my monitor cause this? Some sort of backward spikes? The timing on it has me confused yet it happens not too long after I turn on my monitors. Running 6 currently on my setup 2 are HDMI and the rest are Display port. No drivers for sound on the Display port, just 1 HDMI.

Yes I do massive confusing things.

PS for whomever has been following. I do, do my stuff right.
    If I have to keep doing this? I'm changing them all. Board, CPU, everything for my ET system.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 28th, 2019 at 09:29 PM.

The key issue here may be the timing. If you leave your system on 24/7 (or at least overnight), and it always starts at about (or exactly) the same time, then something that is generating EMI or RFI is coming on at that time and is affecting your systems.

There is no RFI interference on it. But why would abstractly EMI interfere? I understand why, but there is nothing even close. I'll put it in a faraday to find out. Kind of pushing it though.

Like I said, some of my stuff is far out....I know.

OK, I checked this morning for RFI at that time. I have none. My dog isn't going to be happy but I'm going to use his cage to make a farady...Yes, really.

alright...It's outside interference. I figured out from where. My pc was plugged into the bypass outlet and I ruled that out quickly. as soon as I booted back up it started. The makeshift faraday cage (my dog looks at it wierd) seems to have worked. If I just run this with just the pc with speakers and nothing else (no cage) attached I wonder if I can eventually pull this problem down. No other electronics in the room and start to add 1 by 1. It seems to be feedback from a monitor or my phone. I start everything at 5 am and my pc is on 24/7 jdc. The cage did mess with timings on hardware but I kind of expected that.

With the PC outside the cage, and running, and everything else off, turn on one item at a time and you may be able to track down the culprit.

Really? It happens (I think) to be an alarm I set to silent a long time ago from my phone. 3 Boards that picked that up though? I hope that's it...Further testing needed. Yeah it majorly messed all my stuff up in the makeshift faraday. Good thing I always back my bios settings up. Funny aspect is that I couldn't figure out why my wireless wouldn't connect. That took about 5 mins to figure out. duh. Faraday cage.

Thread Information