Charging issue.

Thread: Charging issue.

Charging issue.

Hey everyone. Have you had this issue: ZTE Zmax Pro Z981, new battery - tests ok. New charge port installed. Phone will not boot, or stay running without cord plugged into wall outlet. It will run with cord, but will not charge, and battery indicator stuck at 50%. It does not respond or charge when plugged into a computer. I've left it for hours plugged into wall outlet and computer. Factory reset would be last option only.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Are your chargers fast chargers or just ordinary changers. Because my ZTE Max Pro requires a fast charger to charge it.

Does the old battery do better?

Many of the batteries for my Samsung S5 were made the same time the phone was several Years ago.. I've read that many of them are as bad as the batteries that are being replaced.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks for the responses. The battery and charge cord are both good. I appreciate any other possible ideas to solve the issue?

I didn't ask if they were good. I asked if they were the fast chargers that ZTE Max Pro requires to charge their phones with. If it is not a fast charger, it won't charge the phone. My ZTE Max Pro says plug in a fast charger in order to charge the phone because ordinary chargers don't work.

This is the same cord that has always been used, it tests ok. Just to be sure, I tried other cords, it is not the cause of the issue. When plugged in, it shows the charging indicator, but stays at 50%. When booted, it displays 50% on the home screen, but no charging indicator. It shuts down as soon as it is unplugged from a wall outlet.

Did you make sure the new charger port you installed was the exact on you needed and it was installed correctly?

Charge port/board tests ok. I checked out the links, but am still trying to solve this issue. I did a full factory reset...no improvement. I'm hoping that the logic board is not failing. Any other ideas? Thanks everyone.

Several full resets and no change. Won't run or boot without being plugged into wall outlet; won't charge by computer at all, and stays at 50% from wall charger. Turns off instantly when unplugged.

Did it do the same thing with the old battery? Can you switch it out and try it to see if exactly the same thing happens? If the old battery does charge and run if only briefly then that could point to a problem with the new one.
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I have tried the original battery, and another one as well, no improvement and everything else tests ok. It works properly when plugged into a wall outlet, but will not charge and shuts down as soon as unplugged. Please read previous posts for all details. It is a perplexing issue, that I haven't seen before. Thanks everyone for any/all advice.

Can you get an external charger for the battery? That might be an option to see if the batteries you have will take a charge.

Thread Information