THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT AND I NEED HELP TOO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT AND I NEED HELP TOO

Exclamation THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT AND I NEED HELP TOO

First can you tell me of a program that will help me know if hackers are trying to get in or if they have already gotten in?

URGENT CONCERN: I just spent 2 hours with MICROSOFT on my computer. I was online when a post appearing to be from MICROSOFT came up on my screen. There was a siren which got more urgent as I looked it over. It said it was from Microsoft BUT IT WAS NOT. Being the cautious person I am I did as it said and did not X it out or close my computer BUT NEITHER DID I CALL EITHER OF THE PHONE NUMBERS ON IT BUT LOOKED UP MICROSOFT ON MY PHONE. It was NOT MICROSOFTS POST. I sat here for all the next 2 hours while MICROSOFT scanned my computer for me. I HAD BEEN HACKED BY 29 "FOREIGN" COUNTRIES. They had been "literally" watching me for 48 hours or so. They could actually even see me on my camera and they LOCKED MY COMPUTER while trying to get info. Microsoft took them out and secured my computer. VERY SCARY knowing they could actually see me when I was online. MY DAUGHTER HAS ALREADY HAD THIS WARNING AT HER WORK. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE 2 PHONE NUMBERS ON THE PAGE IF IT COMES UP. CALL THE MICROSOFT NUMBER YOU LOOK UP YOURSELF.

If "Microsoft" called you, then it was a scam call, and it was actually the hackers.

Time for Broni to check your system for malware.

I hope you did not give them a credit card number.

Follow the instructions at the link below and post the requested logs.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ted-3-21-2015)

No, (I believe you may have misunderstood me) they did not call me. I turned my computer on and suddenly this page came up with a very loud siren that continued to get so loud I had to turn sound off. It told me my computer has been locked and that I needed to insert my KEY #'s to unlock it or call 2 800 numbers on the page. I am too smart to fall for something like this so I went to my home phone AND I CALLED the REAL Microsoft. I got a tech there and he ran my logs and found 29 foreign hacks. They had been "watching" me for over 48 hours. THE REAL MICROSOFT WAS ABLE TO GET MY COMPUTER UNLOCKED and complimentary charged me NO fee to fix it. BUT they told me to call my bank immediately which I did and no one had gotten into that account although they had tried. SO I AM GOOD, this also happened at my daughters work last week, they have their own on premises tech. I JUST WANTED to warn others not to use the phone numbers or enter their computer KEY if this comes up on their computers. MICROSOFT said they have been swamped with calls from all across the USA this month with the same issue. BUT AS YOU AND I KNOW there are a lot of people who will believe it is an alert from them and give out their Key number,
    Last edited by Msbsgblue; April 24th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.

My question about all of this is: Is there a download of any kind that would detect hackers or alert me if I have been hacked again?

It was still a scam. No one was watching you.

If you had just booted the computer, and you do NOT have any web browsers or web pages set to start or open at startup, and you still got a popup with a fake warning, it might still be a good idea to have our resident malware expert review some scans to make sure that your computer is clean. There could still be some remnants that might cause a repeat of the popup.

Definitely do what jdc suggests above. Besides your a/v program Malwarebytes realtime would be a good addition to have. Not free but well worth it for extra protection online. https://www.malwarebytes.com/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I will do this tomorrow. I am 72 sick and been at the doctors all afternoon and now I need a pain pill. Yes, I will do tomorrow.

Put a piece of tape over the webcam. And the good news is that it's not 29 countries, but 1 hacker. See you at Broni's "office."

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

I will try my best to do this Sat. I took a really bad fall yesterday and cannot even stand to hold the computer on my lap today. HOW DO YOU KNOW it was 1 hacker.? I CALLED MICROSOFT and they did scan my computer. DO YOU WANT THIS as an attachment on here when I get it done or just post it like I am now? I will shoot for tomorrow. ty

Start a new thread in the intensive care forum here:

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/for...sive-Care-Unit

Following these instructions:

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ted-3-21-2015)

If any of the log files are too large to fit in one post you can divide them up into smaller sections.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Calm down and take care of yourself first. Just don't use the computer till you're well enough to approach the problem.

Rochelle

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

I spent the entire afternoon running my antivirus, Malwarebytes, and the Comodo dragon I downloaded for my version. I never could get Comodo to do anything but bring up a white page even trying both versions. I waited a long time.

My antivirus and Malwarebytes found nothing. As I have repeated twice I GOT MICROSOFTS TECH SUPPORTS phone number myself and they ran and cleaned the issues. I saw the IP numbers of the 29 different places that had invaded my computer. I don't know what else to do when neither version of Comodo Dragon would not open for me.

So where do I go from here? My computer seems to be working okay at the moment.

If you are not experiencing any issues and your scans did not find anything, you may be OK for now.

If you are still concerned, you could follow the procedure in fink's post #10 to have the scans analyzed.

I will do Finks post as soon as I am not so ill. I do HAVE one question. Sometimes when I get on my computer down in the task bar is a tiny circle with a dot in it. When I hovel over it, it says "Someone is in your space." WHAT does that mean, and as fast as I see it it disappears.

OTHERWISE my computer has been doing beautifully.

Thread Information