Strange molex connector. Do you know what type it is?

Thread: Strange molex connector. Do you know what type it is?

Strange molex connector. Do you know what type it is?

I have a pcb here and an end of some wires that connect. Can anyone tell me what type this is or where I can find the female end for it?
    The pcb is actually from a computerized scroll saw but I was just hoping here. Here is an actual pic if the connection on the board. It has the ground staggered.

20190424_130531.jpg

Full picture of the board.

Untitled.jpg

I have not seen one like that before. It looks like it should have a connector with 2 guides so that it is keyed in addition to having an offset pin.

I checked at the link below, but did not find anything, but they might still have something that would fit it.

https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Pi...ors/_/N-ay0mm/

Another possible source:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...-male-pins/314

No it's not keyed. I spent the last few hrs perusing both places too.

You could just modify a standard 4-pin Molex connector cable so it would fit. As long as the pin receptacles are reasonably snug when plugged in, you wouldn't really need the plastic shell at all. Or, you could split the plastic shell to account for the offset pin, so you would have 2 plastic shell sections.

No I did check that. The molex connections are a bit larger. I did think about it, tried and noticed right away they were too loose. I could probably pull each fitting from the molex and give it a small sqeeze. I'll give it a shot in a bit. I have 2 fans that are shot.

meh, I did what I said and hooked the board up. It has a bad controller chip and the markings on the chip are ground/filed off and the board isn't clearly marked. I miss my equipment to check this kind of stuff. I would at least have been able to dump the chip and found out exactly what it is. Computer smart....windows stupid is me. Can't get linux to boot in uefi. I will keep working on that in the other community.

Thread Information