starting problems

Thread: starting problems

starting problems

Has been several times that the starting botton does not respond until I take the outlet off for few secs and put it back on.
    Thanks in advance

LENOVO-PC2
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 core, 4 processori logici X64
    BIOS LENOVO IEKT26AUS, 22/07/2014 - SMBIOS 2.7
    (RAM) 4,00 GB
    Windows 8.1 Versione 6.3.9600 build 9600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Ethernet 802.3

until I take the outlet off for few secs and put it back on.
    If that means you have a power strip of some sorts that needs to be reset - try a different one...
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

If you do NOT use a power strip / surge suppressor or a UPS, and the computer is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and you have to unplug the computer for a few seconds and then plug it back in to get it to start, then it may be that it is not actually shutting down.

Check your settings to make sure that it is NOT set to Sleep or Hibernate. Make sure that it shuts down and powers off.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    If you do NOT use a power strip / surge suppressor or a UPS, and the computer is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and you have to unplug the computer for a few seconds and then plug it back in to get it to start, then it may be that it is not actually shutting down.

Check your settings to make sure that it is NOT set to Sleep or Hibernate. Make sure that it shuts down and powers off.
    Thanks JDC, and yes I do have a power strip, and The red light/switcher (the one I have to do the on/off routine) has been having a trembling red light for a long time, is it trying to tell me something? I'm going to change it than.
    thanks again.

Do try a new power strip but for the record a flickering power switch light would not indicate a problem with the strip itself. It's likely a neon bulb that do tend to start doing that after being used for some time.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information