A program I have used before will not install now. App blocked for my protection?

Thread: A program I have used before will not install now. App blocked for my protection?

A program I have used before will not install now. App blocked for my protection?

As the title reads, this is an application I have used many times before. Now it will not install and I get a UAC window with no option to install it, only to close. It is a free mouse auto clicker. I have never had an issue in the past but since my last format, something seems to have changed. I know I could dive into the registry and disable LUA but considering I do not know exactly what the impact of that is, system-wide, how wise is it? Is there another way to fix this or is this perfectly acceptable? Could someone explain to me what, exactly, LUA is and does? I have read the basics through wiki but I need to know more.

Thank you.

~Ross.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 13th, 2019 at 10:55 PM.

Alright, I do know what it is now, however why would a limited user account effect it like this though? What has changed? Is the LUA in a Windows 10 Registry normally set to 1 or 0? I wish I knew these answers. I assume it would be okay to disable this then, correct? My UAC at any setting didn't help.

The reg key is at

Code:
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System 

Right side

EnableLUA
    Can someone look for me? Is their value set to 1 or 0?
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 13th, 2019 at 11:58 PM.

What happens if you right click on the file and select "Run as Admin?"
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Same deal. I tried that right away. Like I said. This one is red and not the yellow color you normally get. I know there is nothing wrong with the file. It's the same one I've been using for 3 years now.

EnableLUA is set to 1 on my system.

As it turns out, I had apparently downloaded a new version the other night (after a few drinks) and was trying to install that one. There are definite security flaws in it too! When I looked into my backups I noticed that I had a different version of the program. The one I normally install. I installed that one without a hitch. Even with turning my UAC all the way down the new version wouldn't install without setting a warning off. I have never seen a program set off a red flag ( or window in this case) like that. Check this out.

Untitled.jpg

I really want to run a backup and turn LUA off and run it and see what happens.

Submit that .exe file here first and see what it says.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information