[RESOLVED] Network problems. I am in the right spot. NIC card issues.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Network problems. I am in the right spot. NIC card issues.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Network problems. I am in the right spot. NIC card issues.

Meh....I know guys. I lost my NIC somewhere in this whole ordeal (onboard). I did OC but I don't think that would affect that. (stranger things). I checked my bios and it was enabled and just to make sure I went through a TOTAL format. Not a reset. I went so far as to plug a Mac in to make sure my cables were ok and they are fine. Can anybody think of anything aside buying a NIC card (had tons ages ago). My wireless is acting funny as well. Man I hope I didn't fry something here. Going 1 step further and flashing the bios with no save...I know. Dangerous territory
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 20th, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Ok that didn't work. It doesn't even light but shows up fine in the device manager.

Check BIOS in case it is disabled there?

No lights is not a good sign.

Sorry but we have to ask..... Did you install the mobo and the NIC drivers?

Funny Steve. Yes but windows had it natively too. I did check the bios. It all seemed well there. I wish I could stop the wireless from disconnecting. Checked power options.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 21st, 2019 at 01:12 AM.

Like I said jdc, device manager shows it's fine so windows apparently sees it. I'm going to run a live linux for fun to see. Hope I can pin this one down. NIC's go for like 10 bucks but it just tells me the board is having issues if that's the case.

Ok, I am officially confused. Fresh windows install, Checked network card in bios, drivers loaded in windows and the wired still doesn't work. I'm in linux at the moment and it's running wired. At least we kinda got this part figured out. Apparently a windows issue, but like I said. Dev manager reports it fine. I'm going to install linux on a drive until this is sorted.

Ok?!?!! Very odd. Windows wired. What did I do? I disabled the NIC in the bios. Rebooted. Obviously no NIC. Went to Linux after enabling the NIC again. Posted from Linux. Rebooted to windows. NIC now works..What is going on here?? I swear I don't make tthis stuff up. Too strange to even think about.

It seemed to be a bios issue even though it showed enabled. I flashed to an earlier bios and set up the bios again. That didn't work. I did what I stated above and it started working. Reflashed to the latest bios and it seems fine now. Really happy I bought that ups too! Had a power outtage on the 2nd flash. I went white. Strange

The thing is, is that it went down out of nowhere. I was online 1 second and then BAM!! Unfortunately, my last backup was in Feb so I lost a lot of stuff. I know better than that.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 21st, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

Thread Information