[RESOLVED] Back to it again. RX 580 x2 Video cards. Adapters? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Back to it again. RX 580 x2 Video cards. Adapters?

2 pinner, thats why I said a NO button

I'll take pics of this thing when I'm done so it's not all in vain.

(Well somewatt?)
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 17th, 2019 at 01:45 AM.

NO is not on meaning it is not on until that that button is pressed. It then makes a circuit.
    That talk on that other post got crazy anyhow. DPDT. yeah. Far fetched. It's still 2 pins and I can prove that part. I was just asking the safety aspect of it.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 17th, 2019 at 01:54 AM.

The only real safety aspects would be:

1. Static electricity. You would want to use a quality switch that does not have the possibility of transmitting a static discharge from your hand to the motherboard.

2. Switch "bounce". Again, a quality switch that makes positive contact and release would be desired.

Perfect solution. A power switch from a desktop. I mean how many times do those get pushed in thier lifetime?

Just make sure it is clearly labeled.

It's pulled from a non working pc. I'm going to mount it on one of the back plate covers or something, not sure yet. I do have another problem though. I undervolted these cards and just had a blue screen. Unfortunately when debugging the crashdump was missing a page and I couldn't get accurate info from it. The generic message was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Could that have been caused from the undervoltage? I have since applied 20 more volts but I'm not sure if that was the cause. I'm going to run a memtest because I just matched up 16 Gb off ram with another of the exact. They weren't exactly matched before and it was acting "off".
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 18th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

6 errors in 34 seconds, I am not happy. This HSF is a bear to remove and install due to it's size. Just contacted the seller (ebay). Refund thankfully. I guess I buy them again.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 18th, 2019 at 03:46 PM.

As long as your BIOS reset switch is not mounted near the real power switch, there should be no confusion as to which switch is which.

Power issues can cause all sorts of strange errors. No way to know for sure though if it caused your particular problem.

HSF installation is my least favorite part of a PC build.

Yeah this is a Noctua NH-D15. A Monster. Obscures half of the board.

Hah!! Once I turned on channel interleaving the errors disappeared. I just ran one pass considering how quickly and how many showed up before. I did the responsible thing and let the ebayer know of this. Always got to play fair. Saves me from ripping the heatsink back off. I do remember why I shut it off though. I had a set of 9-9-9-27 and a set of 10-10-10-30 in and it ran better at 1333 instead of 1600 that way. I had a test board and everything set up. One of my local buddies asked me about it and I remembered I had shut it off.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 18th, 2019 at 04:54 PM.

I do want to know why I get errors in NUMA mode on the ram still. I may yet pull it apart, as he was informed of too.

Maybe the last run at this...I hope. I had to run in interleaved and it runs fine with no errors on memtest. What is the difference in ranks? I think (from what I have read, Kinda beyond my scope) is that rank 1 militarizes each stick per stick. Changing ranks (I have 1-4) can severely change the outcome of perfomance. So Ranking 1 would put 1 on each. 2 would put it between channels and 4 would obviously run across all four and use open mem punching holes as needed? Is that correct?

Question. Running under 1333 I have the 9-9-9 timings. Under 1600 I have 10-10-10. Is it safe to tighten those up too? I hate loose timings because of the way it runs but how will it effect me or the ram. GSkill is pretty resilliant. I mean changing the timings under 1600 to 9-9 9...and should I leave it at 30 or just tighten that down too? Currently at 9-9-9-30. It is running sweetly though.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; April 19th, 2019 at 03:55 AM.

Nevermind. I pushed it. 9-9-9-22. had some voltages but I think I am ACTUALLY good.

Thread Information