Full stereo sound

Thread: Full stereo sound

Full stereo sound

I am looking to buy a device that delays the sound to the back speakers, creating a fullness to my stereo. It used to be sold as a digital delay when they had stereo shops. I haven't been able to find one with the searching that I have done. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone know where can find one? Thanks.

Doug

Try a musical instrument shop. It would have stereo digital delays that you could use.

Here's one example of a very good one used...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-Electron...kAAOSwy9pcjAtT

and another cheaper one that would work..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-RDD-10...75.c100623.m-1

Also worth calling any local PA/sound reinforcement companies to see if they have any good used ones for sale. Many do because modern digital mixing consoles have them built in and PA companies are desperately trying to sell the old rack mount units they still have lying around.

Just be sure that the one you get is true stereo and has the capability of a very short delay time.. around 10 to 20 milliseconds to achieve the results you want. True stereo means two inputs in and two outputs out (left and right).

Note that these would only work with either self powered speakers or if you have an audio/speaker setup where you could patch/plug the unit in BEFORE the amplifier running the rear speakers. You can't use these patched after the amplifier output to the speakers. It would damage the delay unit and/or sound bad.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks Fink.

You're welcome

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I would have asked his setup fink. I can delay my sound with no externals. Board and/or sound card matters too. Might be able to do that per line and per channel. I'm a total audiophile. Running all HDMI or many variables.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; May 2nd, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

This is for a home stereo setup not a computer.

Thread Information