Looking for a new a printer

Thread: Looking for a new a printer

Looking for a new a printer

I currently have a Cannon MG4120 and I've had this printer for years now. This printer has been giving me problems for a little bit now (almost a month or better) with feeding paper. I have to literally push the paper by hand in order for it to take the paper. I'm now looking for a new wireless printer for home that I can connect to my network. The main functions I want is to be able to copy and scan. I have been looking at Cannon printers but the printers I have been looking at seem to take 5 or 6 ink cartridges instead of two cartridges (Black & Color). I am looking for a printer that has two ink cartridges.

If anybody has any suggestions on a printer I'll look at them. Price doesn't bother me or brand.
    Eric

What will you be printing on this printer? If you are printing a significant amount of photos, that might affect your decision. For general printing, I would not even consider an inkjet. The ink cartridge prices are ridiculous. I have a Brother MFC-9340CDW. Brother drivers are excellent. I have it networked so all computers can use it at any time.

Mostly documents is what I'll be printing.
    Eric

A Brother MFC unit is the way to go for general printing, at least in my opinion.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I have this one because I only printer documents, no color needed:

Brother MFC-L2710DW series Printer

It's a laser printer and it's networked WiFi so all devices I have can print from it. And laser toner is cheaper than inkjet ink.

My old office of 8 people beat the heck out the first one.... Took a licken and keep on ticken.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing $119.00
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...o-8710-All-in/
    Automatic Document Feeder Capacity -50 sheets

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Printer with Mobile Printing $179.00
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...-Wireless-All/
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks all. I ended up purchasing the HP Tango X with Indigo Linen Cover.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    My old office of 8 people beat the heck out the first one.... Took a licken and keep on ticken.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing $119.00
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...o-8710-All-in/
    Automatic Document Feeder Capacity -50 sheets
    My first printer lasted 19 years, through Win 95, 98 and XP, although I did a few repairs myself. I expect my new one to conk out a lot sooner, and it's all electronic, so I can't repair anything.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

I love my Hewlett Packard

Thread Information