[RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

Resolved [RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

This seems to be a windows issue here. I originally thought it was HW because it's a new build.

A little background. I just purchased a 990FXA-UD7 Board and matched it to a FX9590. Almost everything went smooth. Here is the problem and you'll see why I thought HW at first.

I did not reformat the SDD I used because there was too much information on it and by the time I thought to back it up it was too late, so in with the drive. Win 10 is fairly resilient. So I boot into windows on my 24 inch lcd via DVI cable and I have no problems at all. Windows went about its merry way and updated its own drivers. I moved the machine from my bench to my office and plugged in another 24 inch lcd the same way. I then proceed to plug my HDMI into it after having to finish up with some odds and ends, screws and such and I try to boot up. It does boot but I only have the 24" Monitor up and not the 32" HDMI one. I then check my device manager and I have a mark by my video card so I use nvidia's GFexperience to update the drivers (even though I found it odd) and then everything got worse. It uninstalled the current driver and tried to install the one it said I needed. That gave me an error saying it wasn't compatible with my version of windows. So I went to the older driver folder and tried to force install that driver back in because now my screen was huge. I was almost ready to have a fit thinking it might be the board or CPU so I boot to linux to write this. Nope...Works just fine. I was about to start moving PCIe slots too.

I could really use some help with this one. I am just lost right now.
    Sorry so long guys and gals.

If you need any additional info, I'll be here.

Afterthought. I even tried to load drivers for a 8800 gs. They wouldn't take either. Yes I still actually have one of those.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; March 2nd, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

Forget about it. After tearing through some parts of the registry I had found some files hiding. I just deleted them, uninstalled for the 6th time? Through the device manager, rebooted and both monitors are back. Nvidia's drivers have installed this time so I'm off to reboot.

Delete my post if needed.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I was going to ask why you didn't just download the newest driver because I was having problems with Nvidia drivers for my GT710. But since you fixed it I won't give you the link I copied from my question that Midknyte gave me.

The driver wouldn't install. I had to track some reg values down to get it to finally install. I had the driver so that wasn't the issue. The operating system apparently didn't like the huge change.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashalon1 View Post
    The driver wouldn't install. I had to track some reg values down to get it to finally install. I had the driver so that wasn't the issue. The operating system apparently didn't like the huge change.
    Oh, okay that's another reason for me to not like Windows 10.

I think it's more the fact that it wasn't a clean install. Moving Windows from one motherboard to another usually causes problems. I'm surprised it didn't BSOD.

Next time, try DDU to clean out the old drivers first.
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Thread Information