[RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

Threaded View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Cannot install driver for gtx 1050

This seems to be a windows issue here. I originally thought it was HW because it's a new build.

A little background. I just purchased a 990FXA-UD7 Board and matched it to a FX9590. Almost everything went smooth. Here is the problem and you'll see why I thought HW at first.

I did not reformat the SDD I used because there was too much information on it and by the time I thought to back it up it was too late, so in with the drive. Win 10 is fairly resilient. So I boot into windows on my 24 inch lcd via DVI cable and I have no problems at all. Windows went about its merry way and updated its own drivers. I moved the machine from my bench to my office and plugged in another 24 inch lcd the same way. I then proceed to plug my HDMI into it after having to finish up with some odds and ends, screws and such and I try to boot up. It does boot but I only have the 24" Monitor up and not the 32" HDMI one. I then check my device manager and I have a mark by my video card so I use nvidia's GFexperience to update the drivers (even though I found it odd) and then everything got worse. It uninstalled the current driver and tried to install the one it said I needed. That gave me an error saying it wasn't compatible with my version of windows. So I went to the older driver folder and tried to force install that driver back in because now my screen was huge. I was almost ready to have a fit thinking it might be the board or CPU so I boot to linux to write this. Nope...Works just fine. I was about to start moving PCIe slots too.

I could really use some help with this one. I am just lost right now.
    Sorry so long guys and gals.

If you need any additional info, I'll be here.

Afterthought. I even tried to load drivers for a 8800 gs. They wouldn't take either. Yes I still actually have one of those.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; March 2nd, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information