Ever thought of this? (OFF TOPIC)

Thread: Ever thought of this? (OFF TOPIC)

Ever thought of this? (OFF TOPIC)

Hey peeps!

With all your certifications, attended light and heavy IT related trainings, with super IT tech expertise, ever thought doing it for the rest of your life?

I mean I'm not a good IT myself. I have certifications and some trainings related to my IT field. Need to have them because it will help me to understand my work well and besides it's cool to have certs and trainings right?

As I grow old, sometimes doing things all over again and again led me to ask myself, are all these worth it?

Ever asked that to yourself?

Or do you have some some sort of soul serching questions if this IT world is for you?

The IT field can have its drawbacks, just like any other line of work. However, I don't think most IT workers would still be in the field if they did not want to be. Most of us could do lots of other types of work.

Hey @jdc2000!

Thanks for reaching out. You might probably right at some point.

But I'm sure there many out there who just slammed their endpoint. Like thinking they're are more just an IT guy.

That there's more that this tech world. Some kinda of soul searching.

I'm thinking, how do they cease the day. How do they handle their tickets, their IT issues, supporting their customers while feeling this unexplained feeling of looking for more than just an IT.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I have a backup profession. I'm also a professional photographer, so if IT gets to be too much, I slip my camera backpack over my shoulder and go do some photography.

Work/Life balance can be an issue in other fields, although the IT field does seem to have more trouble with this than many other jobs. If your manager or employer expects you to be on call 24/7/365, that is a problem. However, they will soon discover that they have trouble finding personnel who want their job. There will be times when you are needed after hours or to cover an emergency, but there should also be times that you are unavailable no matter what the issue might be and someone else will have to cover your work issues.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to...the-workplace/

That's so cool @photolady!

How long have you've been that?

Is that your side hustle?

@jdc2000

" However, they will soon discover that they have trouble finding personnel who want their job."

I'm afraid my previous employer doesn't understand this. Ahaha

From my last employer, on my pervious position as network/telecom guy, attrition rate is high.

But there are many factors aside having a lion boss. Ahaha.

There's the environment, how peeps work, values, and the culture.

It really doesn't fit me. I'm the longest tenure who stayed on that position. For 2 years only!

No one ever bit that tenurity of mine. Hehe

It was really hard working on that kind of workplace.

I literally need to drag my feet to office.

I was always looking for Fridays on Sundays.

My energy is below zero on pointlessness-endless meetings.

I was a cubicle-dwelling slave.

Good thing I transferred to a new non-stressful environment. I'm happy that I still have a cool IT job.

But just like @photolady, it's always awesome to have a backup. Who wants to be an IT for life?
    Last edited by peker; February 22nd, 2019 at 02:04 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Thread Information