Windows Experience Index update fails

Thread: Windows Experience Index update fails

Windows Experience Index update fails

I am just trying to a Windows Experience Index update by doing the Re-run the assessment. I get this popup box saying: Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed.

The underlining message says: Could not measure storage performance. Error: failed to properly access the disk. The parameter is incorrect.

Is this because I have a SSD in my computer. This is an Optiplex 990 tower. The last time the Index was updated was a year and a half ago.

I did a bios update, cut off my antivirus, firewall and did the msconfig tweak with the selective startup and disabled all other services other than Microsoft. I also did a Sfc /scannow just like Microsoft says. It did not mention anything about a SSD though. Read thru many discussions. - Tired of that.

Anyhow, otherwise the computer runs fine. Just wanted to know why this index won't run.

I also have an Optiplex 790 with a SSD and it is doing the same thing and my 990.

Confused is all.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

We're already having a Windows Experience, for the last 26 years. :-( If your machine is running to your satisfaction, that should be enough.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Which OS are you running?

Did you google-> Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed

And see all of the articles?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Which OS are you running?

Did you google-> Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed

And see all of the articles?
    Yes, like I said------------here, I'll copy and paste from my first post:

Read thru many discussions. - Tired of that.
    Thanks, JB

I am doing this with my Windows 7 computer. I don't see the Assessment on my Windows 10 computer. I read that they took it out.

Just in Windows 7 is where I see it. Just checked other computers as well. I bet you that it can't access the disk because the disk is a SSD since both of these desktops have SSDs and are almost identical towers.

Oh, well
    Last edited by jonnyb; February 18th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Thanks, JB

I do not see where you posted the version of Windows that you are using.

https://www.sevenforums.com/performa...puter-err.html

You and try deleting the files in the DataStore. Navigate to:

C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataStore

In the DataStore folder, delete all of the .xml files. Now try to rerun the assessment.

The WEI log file is usually located in:

C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\winsat.log

The log may cast light on where the issue lies.

I am usually not interested in what Microsoft thinks my Windows Experience might be, since their goals rarely correspond to what I want out of a computer. There other free tools that can give you a similar index that do not experience this error. See the links in my post #4.

Yes I did not even think about the version. I did not know that they removed that capability in System Properties until I read that Anantech link. Anyhow I may not even worry about it. Just thought I would like to fix something yesterday and that was the one thing that I wanted to research.

Ok, maybe I will check out your info to see it actually work, Thanks.
    Thanks, JB

Thread Information