Software installation question

Thread: Software installation question

Software installation question

I am building a new system (64 bit) that will eventually have Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (Long Term Service Channel) on it. However, that is only sold as an upgrade, so it will start out with Windows 10 Pro. It will eventually have a dual-boot setup with Linux Mint (Cinnamon) in a separate partition. It will have a 1 TB drive for the OS partitions (500 GB each), and other drives for data and backup. A system image will be made after each major software setup step is completed, in case something goes wrong.

I am trying to decide what would be the best order to install things in. Should I install the Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade before installing any application software, or should I install the applications first and then the Enterprise LTSC upgrade? It will also have Office 2019 Home & Business installed as well.

The Linux partition will have web browsers and LibreOffice, VLC, and Adobe Reader installed, and possibly other software.

Any suggestions on what the best software installation strategy might be would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When I install a new OS I prefer to start with the foundation and build up. IOW I'd install the upgrade(s) first and make sure it all works properly then install new apps.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

That is probably what I will try first. I am concerned that installing programs on Win 10 Enterprise might put them in different locations or require extra work. If it doesn't work one way, I can always try a different way - it would just take extra time to get it set up the way I want.

Thread Information