Your personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019

Thread: Your personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019

Your personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019

I received this email yesterday:
    You've received thisemail because you have a consumer (personal) Google+ account or you manage aGoogle+ page.
    In December 2018, we announcedour decision to shut down Google+ for consumers in April 2019 due to low usageand challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that meets consumers'expectations. We want to thank you for being part of Google+ and provide nextsteps, including how to download your photos and other content.
    On April 2nd, yourGoogle+ account and any Google+ pages you created will be shut down and we willbegin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and videos from Google+in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be deleted. You can download and saveyour content, just make sure to do so before April. Note that photos and videosbacked up in Google Photos will not be deleted.
    The process of deletingcontent from consumer Google+ accounts, Google+ Pages, and Album Archive willtake a few months, and content may remain through this time. For example, usersmay still see parts of their Google+ account via activity log and some consumerGoogle+ content may remain visible to G Suite users until consumer Google+ isdeleted.
    As early as February4th, you will no longer be able to create new Google+ profiles, pages,communities or events.
    See the full FAQ for more detailsand updates leading up to the shutdown.
    If you're a Google+Community owner or moderator,you may download andsave your data for your Google+ Community. Starting early March 2019,additional data will be available for download, including author, body, andphotos for every community post in a public community. Learn more
    If you sign in tosites and apps using the Google+ Sign-in button, these buttons will stop workingin the coming weeks but in some cases may be replaced by a Google Sign-inbutton. You'll still be able to sign in with your Google Account wherever yousee Google Sign-in buttons. Learn more
    If you've used Google+for comments on your own or other sites, this feature will be removed from Blogger byFebruary 4th and other sites by March 7th. All your Google+ comments on allsites will be deleted starting April 2, 2019. Learn more
    If you're a G Suitecustomer, Google+for your G Suite account should remain active. Contact your G Suite administratorfor more details. You can also expect a new look and new features soon. Learnmore
    If you're a developer using Google+ APIs or Google+Sign-in, click hereto see how this will impact you.
    From all of us on theGoogle+ team, thank you for making Google+ such a special place. We aregrateful for the talented group of artists, community builders, and thought leaderswho made Google+ their home. It would not have been the same without yourpassion and dedication.
    Google LLC 1600Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
    You have received thismandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes toyour Google+ Page, product or account.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this ONLY talking about the ONE option in the attached picture AND my Gmail - EMAIL account is going to remain intact.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

OK... My Bad... Not real sure why I freaked out about losing my #2 GMail/Email account.

What happens after you delete your Google+ profile

Deleting your Google+ profile will not affect certain other Google products, like Search, Gmail, and your Google Account.

I got that message as well. I never actually signed up for one of those so I guess it just comes with a gmail acc't. I don't know what a google+ even does.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Fink, if you look at the photo I posted, it shows many but not all of the Google applications that come with a Gmail account. Google + is simple one of those... I never used it.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I got the same message and some photographer friends of mine did too. They said their photos were housed there and they would lose the ones posted on PentaxForums because they'd no longer be linked from Google + is all.

I ignored the message sent to me because I don't house my photos on Google +.

I'm touched by their not wanting to reveal our private data.

I kept getting customers who said they saw my listing on Google, but I don't have a web page, and they couldn't find the G page again. It took a few years for me to find out G had set up a page for me. Now I can't find it, because I have 4 Goo logins just for Youtube.
    Last edited by foxy; April 2nd, 2019 at 09:48 PM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

And if they hadn't caught it, they wouldn't care.

I don't think GoohellMyBusiness is affected.
    Last edited by foxy; April 4th, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thread Information